Pages

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Month-at-a-Glance PK3, AUGUST

So, it's March and I'm blogging about August... It's a bit unconventional, but I want to backtrack and document our journey in PK3. I've been adding a lot to my curriculum as Mookie has matured. She will be four in April and while she is not reading per ce, she definitely knows a few site words and she loves to sit and read-the-pictures to herself or to her little sis, Doodle. 


Each week my lesson plan is set up into sections. I have it typed up in Word so each month prints out on a single page. It's not only easy for me to glance at, but also easy to edit or add titles of our books and movies. We have lots of books so most months we don't need to go to our public library. 

August week 1: no letter of the week until Sept. read ABC books (all month)
   Theme- back to school, (create a nursery rhyme book)
   Storybook Bible- pg 12 (find books on Gods creation or all about me)
   Character trait- orderly 1Cor 14:40 & God and Me devotional pg 200
   Math/ ISN- my body, don't say 3 game, nature walk to see Gods orderly creation, Sequence pictures

 

August week 2: no letter of the week until Sept. read ABC books (all month)
   Theme- Wild West / cowboys 
   Nursery Rhyme- Humpty Dumpty
   Storybook Bible- pg 18 (find books on Gods creation or all about me)
   Character trait- attentive Ps 85:8a & God and Me devotional pg 112
   Math/ ISN- 
                         
August week 3: no letter of the week until Sept. read ABC books (all month)
   Theme- dinosaurs
   Nursery Rhyme- Wee Willy Winkie
   Storybook Bible- pg 18 cont (find books on Gods creation or all about me)
   Character trait- teachable Hebrew 12:11 & God and Me devotional pg 116,126
   Math/ ISN-  tweezers to pick up Dino bones (q-tips), build a skeleton, fossil imprint into playdoh


August week 4: no letter of the week until Sept. read ABC books (all month)
   Theme- Explorers /History 
   Nursery Rhyme- Jack & Jill
   Storybook Bible- pg 28 
   Character trait- obedient Col 3:20 & God and Me devotional pg 188
   Math/ ISN- Explore Gods world, make a map of your house or yard, hide & hunt for treasure,







No comments:

Post a Comment